Suit: Woman Died of MRSA After Cutting Leg on Kmart Shelf

Kastus_Master Brandmark_Col_RGB

A woman’s family claims in a a lawsuit she died after contracting the antibiotic-resistant infection MRSA when she cut her leg on a shelf at a downstate Kmart store.

Dolores Thompson was driving a store-provided motorized scooter on Nov. 15, 2012 when she “lacerated her right leg on a metal shelving unit when attempting to evade boxes” in a Kmart aisle, according to the suit filed by David Thompson, the woman’s son and administrator of her estate.

Its time that we take the design of our environment into account when considering ways to combat antibiotic resistant bacteria such as MRSA.

Kastus Log4+ kills up to 99.99% of MRSA when used on glass or ceramics.

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email
Share on whatsapp